(katherine is seated at the far right.)
after introducing henderson county high school's choir and band, she began her speech...
On behalf of the graduating class of 2011, I would like to welcome all of you who are here for tonight’s commencement. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank each of you, respectively, for the part you have played in making us the winning graduates we are today.
It has been my pleasure to serve you, the Henderson County Senior High Class of 2011. As I look out among your faces, I recognize many with whom I started this journey 13 years ago. Honestly, in hindsight, it has been a short journey; but, there were days, weeks, and even months that seemed to go on forever...
• In kindergarten, we saw Pokemon debut; we learned “our courage will pull us through.”
• We saw Y2K come and go: we learned K equals one comma zero zero zero.
• We saw the introduction of the iPhone and iPod: we learned that said gadgets can cost us a lot.
• We saw Kelly Clarkson become America’s first “Idol”; we learned that through hard work anyone can win a title.
• We saw Tom Cruise jump on Oprah’s sofa; we learned that bad manners can cause one’s career to be over.
• We saw Vice President Cheney accidentally shoot a hunting bud; we learned that hunting with Dick Cheney’s like hunting with Elmer Fudd!
• We saw Jersey Shore hit the little screen on Thursdays; we learned Thursdays are no longer Thursdays, they now are called Jersdays.
• Recently, we saw ol' osama go out like a flash; we learned it only takes two shots and a splash!
which brings us to this evening…
Tonight, my classmates, is only the beginning; for, you have worked hard for your diplomas and are as Charlie Sheen says,
class of 2011, you are special,
you are accomplished,
you are winners!!!
her speech was followed by speeches from the valedictorian and salutatorian of her class. after which, katherine joined her classmates in receiving their diplomas and being pronounced 2011 graduates!
my little master of ceremonies was right, she and her classmates...
are very much winners!!!
love and God's blessings,