Sunday, May 20, 2018

#OurLeslie, She's All of Ours!

This is #OurLeslie, 
loved, respected, 
treasured...



As I sit here gathering my thoughts, 
I don't recall ever not knowing 
who Leslie Newman was.

How is that?

We weren't family friends.
part of the same church family,
or even classmates.

~@~

I find myself smiling 
as the answer dawns on me 
right here,
right now,
in real time.

Over my nearly 49 years 
of being a part of this community,
I don't recall ever being at a local event
where Leslie was not present 
and very few
if any 
where Leslie was not working, 
contributing, 
serving.

SHE.HAS.ALWAYS.BEEN.THERE.

~@~

Many candidates come out 
during election season
to introduce themselves,
shake hands,
work,
be seen.

But, do you know what?

Whether you realize it
or not,
#OurLeslie has been there all along-
talking, 
listening, 
and humbly blending in...

serving, 
Serving,

SERVING.US.ALL.

because that is who she is...

#OurLeslie

She's 
ALL of OURS!

~@~

This is why we should 
ALL
get out on Tuesday 

and

VOTE 
FOR
LESLIE NEWMAN
HENDERSON DISTRICT JUDGE

because 

#WeAreHenderson

and

We 

 proudly support

OUR own!


Love and God's blessings,
Dani xxx

1 comment:

Sally said...

I hope she wins, Dani!

xoxo