Monday, October 1, 2012

be still...

when i awoke at 5:30 this morning,
i did the same thing i have done for the past seventeen mornings...
i checked my facebook on my cell to read updates
concerning lane goodwin.




(if you would like to know more about lane,
click HERE.)


these were the words i read
which lane's mother, angie,
had written in the wee hours of the morning:

"Laying here holding my sweet Lane not knowing if I have 5 min or 5 days left with him. I'm so blessed that God choose me to be his mom & I will never STOP praying or believing in a Miracle! I don't know why God has chosen Lane to Spread Awareness about Childhood Cancer but our Family will never stop fighting! We have meet so many wonderful families & warriors on this journey that have now become very close friends & have received hundreds of e-mails, txt's & calls from them & others telling us how grateful they are that the World is now becoming Aware! It does truly break my heart however that there is a person spreading lies, calling news channels & making negative post that they are very upset that Lane is getting all this attention instead of their child :( Awareness is about ALL KIDS! As I said before It took Susan G Komen to bring awareness to Breast Cancer & if God has chosen Lane to bring Awareness to Childhood Cancer then this will be about ALL KIDS! We have always shared the stories of other warriors we have meet on this journey & we will continue to do so but right now our focus is on our dying son. All kids fighting this "monster" need to be heard & A CURE needs to be found!!"


when i reached the end of angie's update,
all i could think was

be still
and
know
I
am
GOD

with my thumbs i typed these words in reply...

"make no room in your life for negativity... surround yourself only by the blessing that is. the reason it's lane only God knows, but the most important thing is that HE knows lane, and lane knows HIM. what is happening is greater than we realize:).
Psalm 46:10 HE says, 'Be still, and know that I am God.'
l, dxxx"

~@~

as a child of GOD myself,
i recognized the greatness of what was about to happen
seventeen days ago when i read these words of lane's mother.

"The seizures have continued. They are trying the last anti-seizure med & if it doesn't work Lane will be put into a medical coma. The hope will be that his brain will rest & they will be able to get the MRI & when they bring him out of the coma the seizures would have stopped. We have had some very difficult conversations tonight. As much as I want to tell my sweet boy to keep fighting I DO NOT want him to suffer!! I did the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life! I loved him & told him that if God tells him it's time to come home then it's ok & if he tells him it's not then that's ok to. I would give my life to see my sweet Lane walk out of this hospital cancer free!!! Please pray that Lane does not suffer! Please pray for his little brother Landen."

they were the words
the Holy Spirit
led me to pray
years ago.

i knew in my heart this little boy's purpose
was
not.yet.fulfilled.

it was not!
it is not still!

(to be continued...)

love and God's blessings,
dani xxx

ps. spread the WORD and make others aware of the fact that childhood cancer research needs more attention!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Thank you, Dani, for sharing this. My prayers for Lane, Landen, his family and friends.

God bless you for your kind and loving heart, my friend.

xoxo