Monday, September 1, 2008

mosses monday: I...


august 1986
mrs. moss glanced at her husband. "george, i told you she was sherry's daughter," she remarked in her gravelly, sophisticated voice.

she turned her gaze to me.
"you look so much like your mother..." 


her nose crinkled as her smile broadened.


precious


a little thing i miss.


immensely

after church, i returned home and changed out of my new, green linen dress into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, pony-tailed my hair, and made my way into the kitchen where my mom was preparing lunch.




"well, did you join the church this morning?" she asked.

"i did," i replied.


"and you'll never guess whom i met today," i continued.

"who?"


(my mom was aware i already knew many of the congregation,
which was why i chose that particular church. )

"mr. and mrs. moss," i replied.

mom stood for a moment...
reflecting.


"awe, you did?" she asked.


"did you tell them who are?"
"i didn't have to," i continued, "mrs. moss already knew."

mom looked at me...

i told her about the conversation i had had with mrs. moss...


all the while,

 my mom's mind seemed to travel


to another place in time.

(to be continued...)

love and God's blessings,
dani xx

ps you will find earlier entries in ascending order on my side bar entitled, "our love story":)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like that is a great story... i'd like to read the whole story.
Just so you know I saw a comment of yours on Bren's post about McCain vs. Obama and you mentioned about Sarah's post on Palin so i was trying to find her blog about that.
Enjoyed reading your story!

Jan said...

I love this story so far. It gets my mind racing for more. I know your mother must have been taken back for a few seconds. What a sweetie she sounds like. Can't wait Dani.

Anonymous said...

The suspense is killing me Dani! I love the story so far, give me more!

SuzanSayz said...

Oh boy! The plot thickens! Eagerly awaiting Chapter 3. Or was the first part the Prologue thus making this Chapter 1.

Amanda said...

I'm really going to enjoy reading these stories!
What a trip down memory lane your Mum must of had.
l,
Amanda x

Tabitha said...

Oh Dani ~ I am loving this story already!! Can't wait for the next installment ~ so sweet.
love and hugs T xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elise said...

Hi Dani

Ahh the suspense. It's like watching an exciting movie and it ends with questions unanswered. I can't wait for more to be revelaed.

I hope you are having a wonderful day my friend.

lots of love
Elise

Tanya said...

I'm loving this Dani!! I can't wait for the next instalment of Our Love Story!!

BTW.. I hope your taste buds are feeling better!!!

have a great day :)

love,
t. xxxx

Little Sweethearts said...

A story involving first loves... makes me think about my own. I guess one can never really forget about one's first love. I would never trade my current life for one that could have been, but I will never forget him.

The mosses seem like a lovely couple. You must look a lot like your mum that she was able to recognise you as her daughter. Would love the hear more!

Love,
Tania

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

How fun to sit at my computer before the little ones are up and get caught up on the entertaining blog of the year. :)
This story is so great! Your writing is very captivating. I see you have many on the edge of their seats... :)
Have a marvelous Tuesday and thank you for all of your kind commetns as well.

Miss Lisa said...

(For Sunday too) This is such a lovely story...I can only imagine how your mom must have felt!

Bren's Life said...

Great story so far. You had me at hello!
Have a Great Day!