Monday, November 10, 2008

mosses monday IX

(may 1990)
i met john in the summer of 1988.

i was hired for the summer to complete the first leg of my internship for my engineering degree and assigned to the same department in which he'd been working for 15 years. yes, john was 19 years older than i. however, i fell madly in love with the first time we talked:) as a matter of fact, i told him i was going to marry him during that same conversation, too!

not only was john 19 years my senior, he had been married and had divorced 12 years prior to my having met him...

mr. and mrs. moss knew i was dating someone i'd met while working, and they knew he was much older. i told them as much. but, they never seemed to judge the situation.


they always treated john the same as they treated me...
like he was part of their family.

they grew to love the man i loved,

and he grew to love them, too.

when we were married, they were there seated in the church pew with my grandparents. she was wearing the same pink, tailored suede suit she'd worn the day i met her; he was wearing a matching pink suede sports coat, gray tie and trousers.
both were donning the corsage and boutonniere (respectively) i had had delivered to them earlier in the day.

i remember, as john and i were saying our vowels,
i caught a glimpse of them out of the corner of my eye...
i hoped john and i would one day be
the happily married couple they had become
over their 53 years of marriage.


~@~ 

(to be continued...)


love and blessings, dani xx


ps you will find earlier entries in ascending order on my side bar entitled, "our love story":)

16 comments:

Jan said...

Age doesn't matter. Its the talking that did. I love that. Darling darling picture of you Dani. Absolutely stunning. Such a love story.

Allikaye's Mama said...

You are looking hot in that picture! So cute!

Amanda said...

I love that picture of you!
It's not age that matters ~ it's love. And the Mosses were wonderful people and spotted that he was the right man for you!

Cheri said...

Wow, Girl, look at you!!! Beautiful picture!!! Jesse and I are 11 years apart in age, doesn't matter to us. The only thing that drives him nuts about our age difference is when he talks about different bars he went to or things he did while in college and I talk about me playing with barbie dolls at that very same time! =)

Kendra said...

What a great story. I loved reading it. Great photo too! :)

Tabitha said...

Wow ~ 53 years of happy marriage ~ that is wonderful!!
I love this story Dani ~ love that you told John you would marry him the first time that you met ~ how Sweet!!
You look totally gorgeous in that picture Dani ~
Love and big hugs Tab XXX

Little Sweethearts said...

That's the picture from your wedding, isn't it? So beautiful!

It must have been a match made in heaven with you being assigned to the same department as John!

Love,
Tania

SuzanSayz said...

Ya know Dani, it's a good thing he was 19 years older than you. If he had been closer to your age he would have totally freaked when you told him you were going to marry him. Three Cheers for older men!!!!
Also, I agree with everyone else. You were absolutely adorable in your wedding picture!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely my sweet! I've missed your posts this past week...it's good to be back!

Congrats to Kathrine!!!!

Bren's Life said...

Dani You are Absolutely Stunning... That picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Tears are flowing again Dani.

I love this story so much!!!

xoxoxox

Tanya said...

Dani you were the most gorgeous bride... would love to see more of your wedding photos!! You the Mr & Mrs Moss would have been so very proud of you like you were their own Granddaughter!! Another beautiful entry... you should write a book :)

love,
t. xxxx

Tanya said...

BTW... love your new profile pic!! you're gorgeous :) xx

Miss Lisa said...

YOU are a beautiful bride! (and I love the music)!!!!

I love how you are tying this couple to you and John.

Great entry, AGAIN :)

Shannon said...

Dang it Dani. You are making me cry.
I read the other post about first and geesh.
So glad you found John. My father is 17 years older than my mom. They dated and were married only 3 months after meeting one another and have been married almost 40 years:)

Jen said...

What a beautiful picture Dani! You are a knockout! My oldest brother married a woman 13 year older than him then my sister married a man 12 years older than her. When I married my husband who is 7 years older than me- my family didnt even blink! Really- age has so little to do with it! I too look at my parents and pray I will make it have the kind of marriage they have!