Monday, November 23, 2009

mosses monday XLI...

a very mossy thanksgiving post:)


it's the memories of...


these sweet little things
(to the tune of "my favorite things")

brisk wintry winds
at their home on the ohio,
a warm welcoming hug,
and her nose-wrinkling smile...

"let me take your coats.
go, join george in the den.
i'll bring katherine's popcorn
and the toddies right in."


sunday morning service
and lunch at ralph's diner
time spent with our mosses
nothing could be finer.

a waitress treating the mosses
like a queen and a king.
memories like these make my heart
want to sing!!!

her gravelly voice,
his southern charm,
the twinkle in her eyes
when he arrived from their farm.

simmering soup in a pot
on the stove.
a fire in the fireplace
awaiting a stoke.

when i'm lonely
when i'm anxious
when i'm feeling bad...
i simply remember these sweet little things,
and then i don't feel so sad.


love and God's blessings,
dani xx

ps. you may play "my favorite things" by double-clicking it on my player, which is located at the top of my right side-bar:)

8 comments:

Little Sweethearts said...

Oh Dani,
that's just beautiful!!!

L,
Tania

Sally said...

Oh my, Dani, thank you for reminding us of how much we each have in our memory banks to be thankful for. Beautifully written. xxoo

Miss Lisa said...

What a wonderful story you are sharing!

Lucy said...

I adore your wonderful memories and am so happy that you have a place to escape to when you are sad.
You are so lucky to have had these splendid and caring couple come into your life. We are so lucky if but just a few of these angels on earth cross our paths and leave everlasting wonderful memories. I too have meet simular angels.
Love and hugs XXXXOOOO

Heidi D said...

I love it. :)

I had to sing the whole post you know.

SuzanSayz said...

Dani you really do make a shining example of one of Dr Seuss's most beautiful quotes. (This was brought to my attention by my daughter Heidi.

Don't cry because it's over, smile becuase it happened.

PhotoChick said...

Such a beautiful, sweet poem! So incredibly heartwarming! Your talent never ceases to amaze me :o)

Thank you for sharing the wonderful Mossy-Thanksgiving Post!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful surprise : )Dani, you are an artist with your words. love you,m&c