Wednesday, September 25, 2013

charity...



several weeks ago my boss,
tl givens,
said to me:
"now, dani, if there's a good
charity that you know of or hear about,
let me know.
i like supporting good causes."

me:
"really?"

tl:
"yeah, really."

me:
"well, there is a golf outing coming up...
it's for childhood cancer awareness.
did you know september is 
childhood cancer awareness month?"

tl:
"well, no..."

me:
"yeah, it is, 
and that's what the scramble is for.
do you remember lane goodwin,
the young, local boy who died of cancer 
last fall?"

tl:
"yeah, i remember."

me:
"well, his story was and is
very near and dear to my heart.
would you want to get
a foursome together 
and go play golf on friday?"

i looked up from what i was doing
to find tl already googling
lane goodwin.

tl:
"well, i see links for his story...
a prayer facebook page
and a twitter page;
but, i don't see anything
about a scramble."

i told him where to find
the list of lane goodwin events.

tl:
"oh, here it is."

~@~

within just a few minutes,
he put together our team and
printed out our tickets.

me:
now all we need are matching shirts?
(i grinned. #gohardorgohome)

tl:
well, yeah!
i'll call and see if i can get
them by friday.

and this, 
friends,
is the kind of boss for whom we all
should work! 



love and God's blessings,
dani xxx

1 comment:

Sally said...

So wonderful, Dani!

Bless you all.

xoxo