Tuesday, December 3, 2013

the invitation...

last saturday
i decorated katherine's playhouse
for
CHRISTmas.
as i stood hanging the lights
on a rung near the top
of the ladder
john was holding for me,
he asked me
if i would like to
go to a Christmas dance
with him.

now.picture.his.view.

me: what kind of Christmas dance?

wait.for.it.

john: oh, my hog club
is having a Christmas party
over at the fop
in downtown evansville.

yes.he.did.invite.me.to.a.hog.dance.

picturing this:


i giggled...

well,
really i laughed out loud!

john: what?
me: (think medea) lort!

i quickly finished hanging the lights;
as i had to get off
the ladder before entertaining
any further dance talk.

~@~

later...

me: so, what does one wear
to a hog dance? 
john: i don't know.
it's probably more of a dinner.
i'd say it'll be pretty casual.
(he gave me a possum-eatin'-shit-grin)
you know, a leather vest
and chaps...
the usual.

i just looked at him
and shook my head...

a hog party,
really?

~@~

REALLY!

stay.tuned.

love and God's blessings,
dani xxx

1 comment:

Sally said...

hahaha

Can't wait to see what you wear and how much you LOVED the hog dance. :)

xoxo