Sunday, December 15, 2013

because i want you to know...



dear meester berrong,

this week has been a a very sad one here on the lane: your best friend lost his wife, and one of my dearest friends died leaving his wife behind... i pray nothing will happen to either one of us anytime soon but know we have no control over "if" or "when" in regards to our fates.  i am writing you this letter because i want you to know...  i love you.

but, there.is.more.

i was in love with you long before i met you. i was in love with the idea of you...  i prayed for a husband who would be my best friend, a husband i could love with all my heart, a husband who would love me with all his heart, a husband who would make me laugh, a husband who would comfort me when i was sad, and maybe most importantly a husband who would be a great dad... 

and, God.gave.me.you.

from the moment i first looked into your dark, brown eyes, i knew it was you.  from that moment on, i have only loved you. there have certainly been times i did not like you... and times you did not like me, however, there was never a time i took for granted your morning, good-bye kiss, nor the excitement i experienced every time i heard the sound of your truck pulling into the driveway after a long day at work or a weekend away.

never, not.one.time.

dear, you are my hero always.  you have always worked hard to provide for our family. you have always been faithful in spite of my insecurities. you have always been my cheerleader. you have always been my shoulder upon which to cry.

always, you.have.been.my.constant.

i am sharing this letter because i want anyone wondering to know you are a blessing, an answer to a prayer, my best friend, my love, my comedian, my solace, and our daughter's sweet-sweet dad.

really, you.are.ALL.that.to.me.

i'm writing you this letter because if i go first i want you to know...  if there is such a thing as loving a person too much, that is how much i love and have loved you. i do not want you to ever question that. and, i also want to reassure you, i will be waiting for you at the pearly gates to welcome you back home to me and...

He,who.allowed.us.to.be.

love and God's blessings,
dani xxx 

No comments: