Monday, October 13, 2008

prayers answered:)

(mavinga with esme and esme's daddy)

an update on mavinga:

from my friend, j, at mozi esme:
Hey Dani,

I heard good news today that Mavinga is feeling better. He has malaria, which many kids here die from due to lack of treatment, but with the proper treatment, he'll be fine. (By the way, I didn't mention on my blog, but I finally learned that his mother was killed by a crocodile. Not a big problem here, but definitely a problem further up north where he lived.)

I'm hoping to get some photos up from a day-care/food center for AIDS orphans that we've been drilling a well for nearby. I haven't had a chance to get out there, but my husband was working there on Friday. Some of those stories are incredibly tragic.

Thanks again for posting about Mavinga on your blog.

J
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you, GOD!!!

please, continue to pray for him, though, please:)
little mavinga has a long road ahead of him...

love and blessings,
dani xx

9 comments:

Little Sweethearts said...

Oh dear, malaria, that's pretty serious. I hope he gets better with the proper medication.

L,
Tania

Shannon said...

I don't know how you are able to do what you do, but Thank You!
Blessings to you and your family and praying that he recovers from the malaria.

Amanda said...

With proper medication and care i hope Mavinga continues to heal and get stronger everyday.
How sad, but it must give a tremendous sense of worth working with these orphans that j's husband does.
Thanks for updating us on Mavinga's prognosis.
l,
Amanda x

Jan said...

We have no clue what some people go through and face around the world. I am so glad to hear about him getting the treatment he needs. What a great answer to know he is getter stronger.

Thanks for the update and prayers their way.

Miss Lisa said...

Maleria--oh goodness! Poor little guy--my prayers stay with him as he improves!

Tabitha said...

Oh Dani ~ my heart goes out to this little chap ~ I hope that he will be better soon.
I have just caught up on yesterdays and todays post ~ and my prayers are with Mavinga.
love and hugs to you ~ XXXXXX

Tanya said...

Mavinga is just the cutest little boy! I pray that with the right medication Mavinga continues to get better & stronger everyday! Thanks for the update Dani!! It's so true what Jan said.. we have absolutely no idea what some people go through on a daily basis!

love & hugs,
t. xxxx

Hannah said...

I really do hope that Mavinga gets the proper treatment. It's so sad that he's sick with something as serious as malaria...I will definitely keep him in my prayers!

l,
Hannah

dani said...

thank you, again:)
love,
dani XXXXXXX