things don't normally bother me...
they really don't!!!
you can ask anyone who knows me:)
you can go back through my posts,
i don't think you will find many complaints
my puppy dog's smelly feet and
my dieting woes, of course...
but, today there are 2 or 3 things
that are weighing heavily on my mind:
1. our economy- the state of our economy has not seriously, directly affected me, yet. but, i know it is affecting others, and it breaks my heart.
it bothers me that our country has failed to oversee the goings-on
to those friends of mine abroad, i'm sorry!!!
to those friends of mine who are fellow americans,
we need to be more educated and vigilant.
we need to raise our expectations of our leaders
and hold those leaders accountable!!!
2. the 2008 presidential election- this election scares me even more than the last election did
I DON'T BELIEVE THAT EITHER CANDIDATE
WILL BE GREAT FOR OUR COUNTRY!!!
i fear that john mccain's age will be a factor that he cannot overcome. as i watched the debate last night, i watched the man i will vote for (i am very conservative in my beliefs) look, move, and talk like a very old man. it didn't help that his contender looked, moved, and spoke like a very young man.
speaking of his contender, there are many things that bother me about him. mccain has been referencing the fact that although obama has penned two memoirs,
obama is still no "open book".
mccain has never spoken truer words!!!
these are just a few of the things we don't know about obama:
1. Occidental College records -- Not released
2. Columbia College records -- Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper -- "not available"
4. Harvard College records -- Not released
5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
6. Medical records -- Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- "not available"
8. Law practice client list -- Not released
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate - - Not released
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
11. Harvard Law Review articles published -- None
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles -- None
13. Record of baptism-- Not released or "not available"
14. Illinois State Senate records--"not available"
these are MAJOR things and very bothersome to me
given that obama is leading in the polls!!!
if you know any of the above information to be untrue,
please let me know:)
3. education- it is also very much so bothering me when i see how very little katherine has really learned over the past 8 years in the public school system. she has been in the duke university talent pool since 4th grade for mathematics (katherine went to a private school k-3); yet, she knows very little about much else.
she brought her report card home last friday. she had 5 a's and 1 b (missing an a by 2/100's of a point); i feel she has actually learned very little, though her grades are always high.
cnn reports that the next generation to graduate in the usa will likely be the first generation to graduate with less knowledge than that of the generation before them.
that's all for now...
i just pray that things will settle
and there will be a positive turn-around soon!!!
i also pray that regardless of who wins the election
that he will pleasantly surprise us!!!
i'd totally welcome a pleasant surprise;
love and God's blessings,