Tuesday, October 28, 2008

thank goodness for nintendo!!!


there have been many times in my years of being a mother that i have felt extremely grateful for nintendo. that may sound like a funny thing for which to be grateful; but i have.

over the years, nintendo games such as dance, dance revolution, karaoke revolution, and american idol have provided the entertainment for birthday parties as well as many sleep-overs. and, more recently, guitar hero and rock band have provided katherine and her friends a reason to hang out safely at home with something fun to do.

well, the nintendo gratefulness tide turned on saturday afternoon. oh, i'm still grateful. but, katherine and chico were really feeling the "nintendo love" a couple of days ago.

it didn't, however, have ANYTHING to do with playing the games though...

this past saturday afternoon, i was not feeling all that great; so i decided to lie down and take a nap. i could hear katherine talking to chico on her phone.
from her end of the conversation, i discerned that the two didn't have enough money between them to go out to the movies, which they'd planned to do.

"i've got some old games you can take, too" i heard katherine say.

"you two are not selling your nintendo games to go see a movie???" i hollered from my room.

katherine walked into my bedroom. "chico is just going to the music, movie, and game exchange to sell some of his old games..." she responded.

"well, i don't want you to sell your games THAT I BOUGHT YOU to pay for a movie ticket:/" i told her.

but, that was exactly what the plan was (dani shakes head).

hence, chico came by with his games. katherine gave him three or four of her old games that she assured me she played no more, and he left to go bargain with the broker while kat finished getting ready.

about fifteen minutes later, i heard katherine's phone ring. "you can't???", "they won't???", "no, mom's asleep; i can't wake her up", and lastly "well then, what are we going to do???" i heard her say.

as i lay in my bed, i wondered why the two hadn't
just asked me or john for the money for their tickets...
but they hadn't... and, i hadn't offered;)

i heard chico return.

i called for katherine to come into my room.

"do you need money???" i asked her.
"no," she answered. "we got $30 for our games."
"oh," i replied, "it sounded like chico was able to sell them???"
"well, you have to be 18 years old to sell, and chico won't be 18 until december. so, he had to call a friend to come sell them for him..."

i nodded my head at her and smiled (as i chuckled to myself).

"we're leaving... love you!!!" she said as she kissed me on the cheek.
"love you, too... be careful!!!" i said.

it was all too funny watching the two "wheel and deal"!!!


love and blessings,
dani xx


10 comments:

Robin said...

oh the joys of video games!! We've gone thru the same things in our house except when the boys sold or traded their games it usually ended up in fights over who got the money or game credits. It never ended well!!

Guitar Hero rocks!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Kendra said...

HA! I love this. My oldest loves Mario and my daughter loves peach. The kids and my hubby play smash brothers almost daily. :) I too love nintendo!!!

Bren's Life said...

I want to get Dance Dance revelution. It looks so fun. I am behind the times though.
And I plove your pac man music. I was such a HUGE pac man fan in the day...

Christy said...

My husband loves video games. Plays them all the time. I don't even want to think about what my life will be like when the kids can play video games too.

Tabitha said...

That is sweet Dani ~ and very enterprising of them!
Hope that they enjoyed the film!!!!
Love and hugs XXXX

Linda said...

Teens always have something up their sleeves don't they!?! They were very clever about how to go about getting some movie money...you've got to give them that much credit!

As a matter of fact, I know we've got some old Nintendo games at home too...and I'm over 18! This might be a good way to get some cash!!

Tanya said...

It was very enterprising of them!! hope they had a great time at the movies... gotta love the Nintendo!

love,
t. xxx

Miss Lisa said...

They have a future in the business world :)

We are so sad here--we don't have any video games :(

Amanda said...

My boys, especially Ben, just love Mario and their Nintendo DS lites.
After all that work, i hope they enjoyed the film that they went to see!!
l,
Amanda x

Jan said...

Thanks for the Mosses update. You always making wish I knew them personally.

I laughed when I heard your music. Boy that brought back some memories with the boys. I actually liked this game too. Hee Hee...

How fun and creative.