Saturday, May 10, 2008

mothers' day eve...



(the anonymous d with elizabeth katherine)

on the eve of mothers' day, i want to tell you about a wonderful mother, d... yes, there are three of us d's; and those who have read my posts and comments have probably figured that out by now. this d is a lawyer and chooses to remain "anonymous" in the bloggershere, but she exists nonetheless. and, i am soooooooooooo grateful she does.

she is an amazing friend... and
(who would have ever guessed it??? i would have!!! i would have!!!)
MOTHER!!!

she protested for years!!! she would never have kids, she was not cut out for motherhood, and she would make a horrible mother. i knew better, and thank GOD, so did her husband. she said he talked her into it, lol. but, once the ball of motherhood started rolling there was no looking back; she was/is a natural!!!

i was so excited when i found out that d was pregnant 7 years ago that i called too late, awakened her, and asked if i could be her baby's aunt, lol!!!

i've been 'aunt dani' since to this beautiful little girl,
elizabeth katherine!!!

(photo by MR. STEVE)

d, who said she wasn't the maternal type... is now a "dance", "soccer", "kumon", etc. "mom". she serves on the site based council of elizabeth katherine's elementary school as well as the children's comittee at church. d, who said she would make a "horrible mother" has turned out to be a

"SUPER MOTHER!!!"

one of whom i am quite envious...

(who would have ever believed it??? i would have!!! i would have!!!)

AND I WAS RIGHT!!!
i love, love, love being right, the anonymous d, and elizabeth katherine:D

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY EVE, ALL!!!

love and blessings,
dani xx

20 comments:

Tabitha said...

How beautiful Dani ~ and the photos are just lovely.
Happy Mothers Day to you and your friend 'd' ~ for tomorrow!!
lots of love and hugs
Tabitha XXX

dani said...

thank you from we "d's":D and back to you!!!
love and hugs back,
dani xxxxx

Shannon said...

I miss you guys. This child has entertained me many times during Wee Worship.
What beautiful people I have in my life. Happy Mothers Day to all of the Mom's in blogger world!

dani said...

we miss you too shannon!!! if your husband wants to sell my trademarks. i'll split the proffits with him 50/50; and you can move back here where you belong!!!
happy mother's day to you!!!
love,
dani

Elise said...

What a lovely tribute from one D to another D. This super mum is so very lucky to have you as a friend and Elizabeth sure does have one brilliant "Aunt" in you.

Happy mother's day to you and I hope that your Sunday is full of happy family times.

Love and hugs
Elise.

Kellan said...

What a beautiful post! And those pictures - so precious!!! I hope you ALL have a wonderful Mother's Day! See you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

How funny! I just spent my evening with Miss Kate while the Anonymous D and her husband went to a movie.

I was totally shocked when I found out she didn't want to have children. She's pretty good at the whole mom thing... And her "Super Mom-ness" isn't in a scary, Stepford wives kind of way. She's pretty laid back and well, natural at it. (or so it seems!) Kate is one lucky girl. :)

And boy, oh, boy and I glad her husband talked her into motherhood. That sweet babe of theirs makes my heart smile!

dani said...

she makes my heart smile too, caitlin!!! and i'm so happy she has had you in her life. she loves you so:D
love,
dani xx

dani said...

thank you, elise:D i feel pretty lucky to have the two of them in my life; that's for sure!!!
i hope your day has been a great one. katherine just summoned me into her bedroom so that i can open my mother's day present from her; she is very impatient about these things as it is 12:16 am 15 minutes later than she wanted to celebrate, LOL!!!
after a quick note to kellan, i will answer my summons and have a "sleep-over" with my little kitty kat...
love and hugs,
dani xx

dani said...

i hope you have a wonderful mother's day, too, kellan:D the photos are beautiful; but with subjects like d and kate, how could they not be...
love,
dani

Little Sweethearts said...

Elizabeth Katherine / Katherine Elizabeth / 3D's... just a tiny bit confusing to my sweet little head so early on a Sunday morning. I'm sure I'll figure it out someday, since I just keep coming back to this fun blog of yours!

Happy Mother's day! Mine started out with some ... chocolate of course which made me happy and then my husband leaving for India for a week which leaves me a little sad. But I'm sure my two little sweethearts will keep my mind occupied till he comes back.

Thanks for your sweet comments about me on Sarah Jane's blog.

Knuffels,
Tania

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos Dani, and a Happy Mothers Day to you!!! Hope you get spoiled rotten:-)

Love Amanda x

Tanya said...

Happy Mother's Day Dani!!!! that first photo is so beautiful!!! Have a beautiful day with your gorgeous family....

Lots of love & hugs,

Tanya xxxx

dani said...

sorry for all the confusion, tania...

i hope this helps, lol:

i am d as in dani with katherine.

the anonymous d has elizabeth katherine (aka kate).

the notorious one is d as in dana (aka moonpie in the sky)she has two boys will and sam and lives in florida.

if you think you're confused you should have seen the lady at the chinese restaurant the first 8 or 10 times we dined there as a threesome:DDD

anyway thank you for the mother's day wishes, and i hope you have had a great day as well!!!

love and knuffels back to you,
dani xx

dani said...

they are beautiful; aren't they, amanda!!!
thank you for the mother's day wishes. my little angel hasn't decided to awaken yet (@ 10:15 am), ha!!!
it will be a good one though:D
love,
dani xx

dani said...

thank you, tanya; and, i hope your day was amazing too!!!
lots of love and hugs back to you,
dani xx

Allikaye's Mama said...

Happy mama's day!! Hope you were treated like a queenie!!

Cheri said...

Your friend definitely sounds like a super mom!! And aren't you a super friend. I hope that you had a GREAT Mother's Day!!!

dani said...

ashley,
i did have a great day; thank you!!! and, i hope yours was incredible, too:D
love,
dani xx
ps i was treated like a queen as it was also my anniversary...

dani said...

cheri,
she is a super mom and a super friend!!! i did have a great day: i hope you did as well:D
love,
dani xx