Sunday, May 25, 2008

wii be fit and 'ish...



(it does look like a set of scales...)

on our trip home from the movie friday night, barrett and i were discussing the new wii fitness that had just recently been released. barrett told me his mother was wanting to buy it. i told him that if she found two to buy two and that i would repay her (they are very hard to find as they are flying off the shelves as fast as stores are stocking them).

anyway, my little rett called last night at around 7pm to let me know that walmart had gotten 3 of them in and that they were going to buy one of the three. i, of course had just gotten out of the shower, had wet hair, and couldn't leave right then.

ENTERJOHNFROMHISMOTORCYCLINGTRIP
WITHTHESOREBOTTOM!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

"john, i know what you can get me for my birthday..." i said very sweetly.
"what???" he asked.
"well, they have 2 wii fitness games at walmart," i replied.
"a wii fitness!!! what is that???" he inquired.
"it's a new, low-impact exercising game, wii has just released," i said.
"oh." he stiffly lowered himself into his chair-and-a-half while rubbing his sore bottom.
"and, if you go right now, you can probably get me one..." i continued.
"are you serious???" he said looking over his shoulder at me.
"yeah, if you don't go now, they will be gone..." i continued (smiling and batting my kelly greens).

to my surprise (not really), he stood, checked his back pocket for his checkbook (or was rubbing his aching arse, HA!!!), and said he'd be back in a few minutes.

ILOVETHATBOYOFMINE!!!
EVENIFHEHADDISSEDMYREQUEST!!!

about 20 minutes later, i heard hannah squeal from the den then call for katherine. katherine had just come from my shower. she and i went into the kitchen to see about what hannah was squealing. there stood john grinning like the cheshire cat holding the wii fit box upright on the counter for all to see.

"it was the last one!!!" he exclaimed victoriously (obviously feeling quite proud of his feat)... the sales lady asked me if i was the one who called to say i was an hour away on my way to get it," he continued. "i told her it MIGHT have been you:D" he told the sales lady a fib!!! BRILLIANT!!!
(but, it WAS first come first served, and my boy WAS first on the scene...)

"HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, DEAR!!!" he said elatedly.
(idigwhenhecallsme'dear'!!!)

************************

now, for those of you who read me on a daily basis, remember back to mother's day/my anniversary... when katherine said she was sure john had given me my birthday present for my (forgotten) anniversary???
i'm pretty sure she was right...
BAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

when john handed me my wii fit, i said to him. "oh, i love it!!! i cannot believe you've been riding around with this in your truck for 5 weeks now:o[)!!!" he just grinned.
(so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!)

*************************

i haven't gotten it out of the box yet because i want to start it and my diet at the same time... ahem, today. but, i know it is going to be interesting. i was reading barrett's new blog last night. in it he said the wii fit told him he was fat (which he is NOT/i on the other hand...), it made him upset, and, so he went and ate!!!

lol, pray that when the thing tells me i'm morbidly obese i don't do the same!!! REALLY!!!

love and God's blessings,
dani xx


24 comments:

Amanda said...

Let me know how it goes!
It will NOT say you are obese, on the other hand if i stood on it it would say get off!!!
Happy Birthday to you when it comes:-D
I would love a Wii but my kids have got xbox 360. Maybe Santa will bring one this year:-)

dani said...

you most definitely NEED one, amanda, HA!!! so, start writing the jolly old elf soon and often:D katherine and i have definitely gotten our money's worth out of it (playing guitar hero III alone)...
i am anxious to see how this fit thing works, but john is watching the indianapolis 500 on the wii tv right now; so, i will give you an update when i get my BIG tv turn, lol!!!
love,
dani

rhonda said...

your boy.
maaa'an. i love 'em!!!!!
(and you too, of course!)

dani said...

back to you, r!!!
l,
d

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a great gift--I'd love one myself.

Thanks for stopping by.

dani said...

hi, jenn...
i think it's a pretty good gift as well:D and thank you!!!
hugs,
dani xx

Kellan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kellan said...

We don't have one yet - it's just a matter of time!

Take care - Kellan

dani said...

kellan, with four wii ones, i'm sure one will want it:D hope you're having a great lake retreat!!!
hugs,
dani

Purple Teacup said...

I am so excited for you! WE LOVE OUR WII. That sounds so weird. I am afraid to get the fitness thing though.....

dani said...

pt, the wii fit is STILL in the box!!! i'm a little scared of it, too... LOL!!! actually i've had two girls playing ghIII on the wii most of the day. so, i think i will get out my toy on tuesday while katherine is in school:D
hope you're having a great memorial day weekend!!!
love,
dani

Elise said...

What a sweet (yet sore) man your John is. Gotta love a man that is prepared for upcoming birthdays.

I am looking forward to some hilarious stories once the box is opened and you are using your new baby!!!

Good luck and don't break a leg.

Lots of love
Elise

dani said...

elise,
i'm sure i won't let you down, lol!!! moonpie in the sky already has hers and told me that i wouldn't be able to run too fast because the wii fit won't allow it. she says that if you do you fall face forward (on the tv screen/not in real life). lol, i don't think that unfit me will have that problem. there will probably be "HURRY UP" in big letters that run across the screen as i try to run:/
i will let you know, though... the good, the bad, and the ugly as i have no pride:]
i hope you are feeling better:)
love,
dani

Tabitha said...

Hi there Dani,
I am sooooooooooo jealous!!!!
The kids got a wii for Christmas and I so badly want a wii fit, but they are like GOLD DUST. I keep trying to get one, but they are all sold out and people are reserving them as they come in and I am just not quick enough (I blame it on the 3 children I always have with me ~ IMPOSSIBLE to go anywhere at anything other than SLOW!!!!!).
That man of yours is a complete treasure!! Even with that sore arse of his, he went straight to get you the pressie (I love him ha ha!!!).
I have been on the diet for a while now, and just need the wii fit!!! My birthday is in June, so they better have some by then (or else!!).
Sorry about the long comment, must be the paint making me delirious lol!!
love and hugs to you ~ Tabitha XXX

dani said...

hi, tabitha...
so you are having trouble finding them there, too??? if i happen onto another, would you like for me to get it and send it to you???
dana (moonpie) happened onto 6 last week in florida. she bought 2 (one for her and one for another friend in florida). so, they may be easier to come by here.
when in june is your birthday??? mine is the 2nd; and tanya's (where the heart is)is the 6th.
anyway, i guess you're painting today; good for you:D i still need to do some touch-up work around here, and i'd like to paint my bedroom, bathroom, and closet at some point...
don't breathe in too many fumes. have a good afternoon and evening!!!
love,
dani

Tabitha said...

Hi again Dani,
That is very thoughtful of you, but would cost a fortune!!
They will eventually come back in stock, it is always the same ~ then there will be millions of the things ha ha!!!
My birthday is 22nd June and I will be 38 oops sorry that should have been 28 (ha ha ~ I wish!!).
I have given up with the painting for today ~ can't blame the fumes for my madness as it is very low odour!! I haven't stopped all weekend ~ so decided it was time to sit down for a bit.
love ~ Tabitha XX

dani said...

ha!!! tabitha...
i have a year and 20 days on you. i will be 29 in a week;D
l,
d xx

dani said...

t,
ps. if you change your mind about the "fit", let me know:D

Anvilcloud said...

Good luck with the program.

PS: The dog belongs to my inlaws. We have a cat.

Cheri said...

Dani, just bought one today. Yes, I gave the Wii to the boys early, but there was so much rain this weekend I didn't have a choice. (My husband still questions whether I did it for the boys or myself.....but honestly I think we have all become addicted.) I love the Wii Fit. It's really cool. The only one in the "normal" range in my family is Ian. Open it up (if you haven't already), you'll really like it!

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Oh Dani, thats hilarious. I sooo want one.We have the wii but not the fit bit! Can't wait to see how it goes.They look like so much fun.

Em

dani said...

thanks, anvilcloud!!! puppy is cute; i think you need one:)
~dani

dani said...

hey, cheri,
i've been a little under the weather the last few days but will be getting it out soon:) i'm so happy for you that you like it. i thought you would!!!
love,
d

dani said...

hey, em...
i will let you know the good, the bad, and probably a lot of the ugly in a few days. cheri^^^ said it is great!!!
i've been away for a few days, but katherine has enjoyed it!!!
love,
dani